Bedroom Progress!!

October 10, 2013

I've been reading a lot about One Kings Lane's start up story this week in New York Mag and Matchbook Mag. The company's moto is "Design Is Never Done," which has definitely been my mantra during my bedroom makeover. I have been picking up different pieces along the way, changing my mind, changing it back and turning my room into a space that feels like me. It's been WAY too long since I shared an update, so I wanted to share my progress with y'all today.


My antique vanity is one of my favorite pieces in my room. I picked it up when I first moved to New York at a vintage shop in Gramercy. With my bathroom being so small and having NO counter space I knew I was going to need a place to get ready in the mornings. I love the tiger maple wood mixed with the faux fur bench.


Rug - One Kings Lane
Faux Sheepskin Throw - IKEA
Foo Dogs - C.Wonder
Empire State Building Jewelry Holder - Anthropologie
Jewelry Stand - Anthropologie 

The curtains have been my biggest struggle so far, seriously I have three pairs of other curtains that just didn't work. These beige ikat are doing the trick bringing a pattern through a neutral color to this side of the room.


Headboard - DIY here
Beside Table - DIY IKEA hack here
Lamp - IKEA
Side Table Knobs - Anthropologie


My gallery wall has been my favorite addition to my room so far. I am a huge art enthusiast and have been for as long as I can remember. I was that kid that actually loved going to museums, took art in high school and bought an easel pretty much my first week in NYC. My favorite piece on the wall is my newest print from New York artist, Joni Scully, of Grand Central Station. Look out for a post on her work next week!! 


Happy Thursday everyone! One more day to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground