How-To / Roast Butternut Squash

October 31, 2013

Butternut squash is one of my favorite fall ingredients. I spend all summer dodging enticing seasonal meals with yellow squash (I'm allergic), that by the time fall comes around I am really looking forward to some butternut squash! I kicked off my first squash of the season this week (my version of Halloween carving this year), and wanted to share a helpful how-to.
Step 1 - The first thing you want to do is wash and dry the squash, and cut the top and bottom edges off. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and follow these steps below.



Once it's roasted you can use it in a lot of different recipes. I'm working on how I can pair roasted squash with kale. I tried it with a peanut butter vinaigrette early this week, but still need to work out the right mix of flavors. 
My go-to is a butternut squash puree with milk and butter. You can eat it as a side all week.

Happy Halloween Everyone!
Corbin

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum! I would love it if you made me some now that I am back in town :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground