recipe / Mandarin Orange Salad With Citrus-Basil Vinaigrette
By Corbin Page
Published: June 11, 2012
This Mandarin Orange Salad is one of my favorite salad recipes for spring and summer time. The mandarin oranges are a nice add to your traditional salad to make it feel fresh and fun.
Yield: 6 servings
Mixed Baby Lettuces: 1 bag
Mandarin Orange: 1 can
Slivered Almonds: 1/2 cup
Crumbled Feta Cheese: 3/4 cup
Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
Red Wine Vinegar: 1 tbsp
Dijon Mustard : 1/2 tbsp
Reserved Mandarin Orange Juice: 3 tbsp
Salt & Pepper: ½ tsp of each
Basil: 3 leaves
1. Mix lettuce, almonds and mandarin oranges in a large bowl, reserving the mandarin orange juice in a separate bowl for the dressing.
2. To make the dressing, mix Dijon Mustard and oil in a small bowl with a fork or whisk until mustard and oil have combined.
3. Add vinegar and mandarin orange juice to oil and mustard mixture and whisk.
4. Rinse basil and roll from stem to the tip.
5. Slice basil horizontally into small sections and add to dressing with salt and pepper.
6. Add to lettuce and toss.