Help A Girl Out: Choosing A Fabric

June 10, 2014

I'm taking the plunge. 
This lovely and quite overly used chair from the 80s is getting a make over! 
You gotta love furniture from your parents...


So this weekend, I took my first trip to hunt for fabric to reupholster this chair. I checked out Lewis and Sheron on the Westside, which is an awesome source for fabric in Atlanta if you haven't been. The whole place is filled with rows and rows of fabric rolls like this on two floors.


I went to the store looking for a fabric like the one below, but couldn't find anything in the right material exactly like that. Most of the striped fabrics were made of material that was too thin for a chair in a high-traffic area.


Here are the eight fabrics that I ended up taking samples home of to see how they looked in the room with a few options for stripes, blues and neutrals. 


Right now, numbers five and six are my favorites. I like the texture they bring and five appears to be reversible. In the image above its shown on it's light blue side and below on the more taupe side with the light blue threads showing through. 

FIVE
SIX

As a reminder, here is what the living room looks like:
The lighting is off in this picture, but this gives you a better idea of where the chair will go - it will be in that open space near the snake plant and facing the coffee table.

What do you think? Which fabric should I choose?

1 comment:

  1. I like six a lot but I am also kind of feeling two. The rug doesn't have too much pattern so the stripes might be nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground