new hair of the dog / sample sale sundays

April 15, 2013

Nowadays my sunday fundays have a bit of a different meaning than they did in college...mimosas + crab cakes benedict, and in this case...shopping.

So far, I have been able to avoid sample sales since I've been in New York convincing myself that the hassle was not worth the charge. But this weekend after a stronger than usual mimosa, my friend and I got suckered into a Yumi Kim and Pinky Otto sample sale on our trek from LES to Nolita to Soho in search of a sunny outdoor patio.

Disclosure: I am a sucker for Pinky Otto & a deal. The East Village store's window display boasted a buy 2 get 1 free promotion a few months ago catching my eye while waiting for a table at Mud (awesome brunch and coffee). Hook, line and sinker. Two new dresses, a sweater and a necklace later and I vouched to avoid the store (at least until another pay check).

Enter sample sale:



I blame the heavy pour of mimosa at brunch for this indiscretion...

From everyone's reaction to the group dressing room, it occurred to me that a lot of people were also trying a sample sale for the first time. So, I wanted to share some tips I picked up for other newbie sample sale goers. 


I picked up a three quarter length sleeved, Yumi Kim dress, and a Pinky Otto maxi dress that were originally $300 more than what I got them for. Success!
yumi kim

pinky otto




    Re: Tip #6 - My friend and I have decided we are not allowed to shop together anymore. We didn't take this advice and both ended up with a new dress from Pinky Otto. (But how cute are they?!) I am really loving three quarter length sleeves on dresses for this time for the year.



    And animal prints, how cute are these foxes and red key hole belt!



    Have you checked out a sample sale? Any tricks of the trade to add?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

    Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground