Halibut with Avocado, Mango, Tomato Salsa

May 30, 2013


When you can't be at the beach, you can at least eat like you are! Cooking sea bass this past weekend got me in the mood for seafood, and excited that I can actually cook yummy seafood without a grill. I had a tomato, an avocado and a lime I needed to use, so this recipe popped into my head. It just reminds me of the beach and with my beach trip coming up in 2 weeks, I really have beach fever.

Ingredients
.5 lb halibut
1 lime
1 avocado
1 tomato
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
5 basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper

Servings: 1-2
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10-12 mins

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the fish and pat dry. Rub with olive oil and add salt and pepper and lay aside. Next, rinse fruit and peel the mango. Cut fruit in small cubes and mix them together in a medium sized bowl. Add cayenne pepper and basil leaves, stir and set aside. Slice two thin lime slices and squeeze the juice from the remaining lime halves on the mixture.



Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium sized skillet until it is about to boil. Add fish to skillet and sear for 2-3 mins, skin side up. Prepare your casserole dish by placing butter at the bottom of the dish. Once half of the fish is a white color, transfer the fish to a casserole dish. Place the fish skin side down on the butter. Add the two thin slices of lime to the top of the fish and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.


When the fish looks white throughout and flakes, it is done. Add salsa to the top of the fish and serve.


Let me know if you try this recipe out and how it goes! I'd love to hear.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground