friday's fancies / how to sport horizontal stripes

May 17, 2013

Happy Friday everyone! I don't know about you but it's been a really slow start to Spring this year in NYC, and I am really looking forward to a weekend of warm weather. This week's Friday's Fancies is all about stripes, which I happen to be loving right now. I think Pink Peonies is doing stripes best mixing the pattern with other prints. How cute are these outfits??


Stripes are one of those prints you should choose carefully to flatter your body type mostly when it comes to horizontal stripes. Most fashion savvy shoppers know that horizontal stripes make you look wider while vertical stripes make you look smaller. For apple shapes (larger top than bottom) go for the striped shorts on the left for pear shapes (larger bottom than top) go for the shirt on the right.


Don't wanna mess with vertical stripes? They are super cute as shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground