Styling For Creativity

May 06, 2014

source

This weekend I came across an article in the Business of Fashion about J.Crew's, Mickey Drexler. The article captured my attention telling stories about Mickey's success from his time at Bloomingdale's making the retailer's biggest unit buy in history to flipping J.Crew from a clothing store to a fashion trend leader. Mickey's whimsical idiosyncrasies in the article felt like a common trait found in high-powered and influential leaders. As a marketer and blogger, I was inspired by his story and his ability to identify trends, back them up with data and flip them into stores so quickly. A quality I often find hard to do just as a blogger with the competing demands of work and life.

Moving into my new apartment, I have been thinking a lot about how my new space will affect my thoughts, productivity, creativity and mood. The idea of having a personal office is something I didn't have in New York, my vanity doubled as vanity and desk. Now in Atlanta, my desk will cohabit with my guest room, but gives me more room for setting it up the way that inspires me.

Must haves: clutter free desk and organized inspiration. While I'm on the topic of J.Crew, I found this 360 tour of Jenna Lyons office, pretty cool.

source

source

source 
source


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground