Apple Kale Salad Recipe

May 30, 2014

It’s been a while since I shared a recipe. I’ve been catching up on a lot of my favorite Atlanta restaurants since I’ve been back and trying out some new ones. Tasting Table wrote about Atlanta’s food scene the other day calling it the dining capital of the South, and I have to agree. There are really some amazing restaurants here that rival some of my favorites in New York, and once the Buckhead Atlanta development is finished, we’ll be getting around 13 more restaurants with a lot of them heralding from New York. Next week, I’ll be sharing a review of a new seafood restaurant in Midtown, Lure, that we tried this week. Until then, this is my current favorite kale salad.


Ingredients
1 bag, 10 oz, of Kale
1/4 cup Pecans
1/4 cup Golden Raisins
1 apple thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup Blue Cheese crumbles
Honey-Apple Cider Vinegar

Dressing
1 cup EVOO
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup honey
½ tsp chopped scallions
Salt and pepper

Mix all the ingredients besides the dressing in a bowl.

To make the dressing, start with dijon mustard. Add EVOO in increments and stir to fully combine. Add vinegar and honey and mix until blended. Add scallions, salt and pepper and stir. Add desired amount to lettuce combination and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground