Whole Wheat Raspberry Cinnamon Muffins

June 09, 2013


Cinnamon swirl muffins have been my long-time favorite. This weekend, I had every intention of seeing what all the fuss is about rhubarb, but couldn't find rhubarb anywhere. Guess it's that popular. My backup? Raspberries.

 I'll tell you what. These muffins are the bomb. 

The best way I can describe them is that they are like a semi-sweet swirl of really good raspberry jam on some homemade toast (and they don't make you feel guilty for eating them). 

I think they are the perfect sub for the greek yogurt breakfast eater who crave some carbs every once in a while. They are so incredibly easy to make I couldn't help but think these would also be the perfect muffin recipes for moms who want to cook something healthier than pre-packaged cupcakes. 

Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking power
.5 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1 cup (8 oz) frozen raspberries, thawed

Servings: 12

NUTRITIONAL INFO
Calories: 206.6
Fat: 8.8 g.
Carbs: 29.7 g.
Fiber: 3.2 g.
Protein: 4.5 g.
Old Points: 4
Points Plus: 6





3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering just looking at these muffins! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them! They are really good!

      Delete
  2. These look heavenly! I have never been able to find rhubarb either! Not even at the local farmers market!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground