I'm linking up again today with Long Distance Loving for Friday's Fancies!
This week's topic? Serious Sunnies.
Sun, hm. We have a love hate relationship.
I absolutely love being in the sun, but have to watch closely not to burn. Thirty minutes at an outdoor sunny lunch spot and I'm Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.
I don't tan. I freckle.
In light of sunscreen as a headliner in the recent news, it felt only appropriate that this pale, blonde AND avid sunscreen user fill you in on some of her favorite tricks of the trade.
First off, wear sunscreen.
1. Sunglasses. Yes, they look cool and can hide puffy hungover eyes or a day with no makeup from the world, BUT they also protect against eye cancer. Look for the glasses that boast UV protection.
2. If you want some color before you get to the beach or want to feel tan after the first day, this is your jam. It's tanning lotion WITH spf in it. It still has the same rules as other tanning lotions - smelly/greasy, but your on the beach, so who care, right?
3 & 6. Wear a sun hat. It's the best way to guard against forehead lines.
4. Karen Walker sunglasses have been on my wish list for months now. I love the big uniquely shaped frames. Very glam.
5. This is my favorite sunscreen of all time (and I've tried my fair share). It's light, oil free, hypoallergenic and it won't clog pores. For people with sensitive skin, who have gotten sun-poisoning from other lotions. You should use this one. It's the best!
7. These Ray Bans have been really popular among my friend group. The original Wayfayers are a staple in a lot of our wardrobes, and we like these because they add a fun twist to that original style.
8. This stuff is amazing. It feels more like lotion than sunscreen, but can get pricey. You have to make sure you reapply because it is not water resistant. It's the perfect sunscreen to put on your face or all over for just a regular day outside.
What are your sunscreen tips and tricks?