Faux Fur Frenzy

January 08, 2013

It is finally here! My new faux fur throw from Restoration Hardware, and I could not be more excited. The heat in my building has been super iffy this winter, and to say I've been FREEZING is an understatement. Restoration Hardware is one of my favorite retail decor stores, and one I really wish I could afford to outfit my whole room with its inventory. (If you haven't seen their lithograph maps, you have to check them out!)



I trekked this sucker from Tribeca to Gramercy for a Bachelor/National Championship detour to the East Village with a box of Christmas goodies just to get this sucker home. Two sore arms and what I consider a NY work out later, and its comfy and cozy in my room. Slowly but surely my bedroom makeover is coming together although changing directions constantly. I've been eyeing this new addition to my room for quite some time and was able to snag it during a holiday sale.

Next up on the room docket - are a duvet and pillows. My inspiration? A few rooms from some very talented designers. Clearly. I love this first one, and it has served as some great inspiration for my room with my headboard and faux fur throw coming close to the design. Now only if I could paint my walls...

source
This next one has a great mix of neutrals, pink and brass. I'm still on the look out for a new pair of pink pillows to do the trick since the paintbrush set I had my eyes on sold out at Lulu & Georgia. Any recommendations?

Photographer: Simon Upton for Elle Decor
Last on my inspiration list is another room with a wall color to envy. Again with the wishing I could paint my walls, I love the deep blue/gray mixed with the gold and fur throw. You may be seeing a curtain and picture frame solve for this one - coming soon.

ryan korban

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground