Pesto Turkey Burgers With Feta Cheese Recipe

January 15, 2013

Next up in the Fuel Your New Years Resolution series is one of my go-to recipes - Pesto Turkey Burgers with Feta Cheese. 

I normally make this recipe with panko bread crumbs, but since the theme of this recipe series is to help inspire healthy eating I left them out and really didn't miss them. The trick to eating healthy is really to watch your serving size. Serve with a kale salad and some sauteed mushrooms for vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants. 

Ingredients
.8 lbs ground turkey (round to 1 lb for 4 burgers)
1 tbsp pesto
1/4 cup feta cheese
salt & pepper
olive oil

Mix turkey, pesto and feta cheese together. Shape mixture into 3-4, 1/2 inch thick patties. Make sure to mix well before creating the patties so the pesto and feta cheese is mixed throughout.
Coat skillet with olive oil or cooking spray, and make sure the entire bottom of the skillet is coated so the patties do not burn or stick to the pan. Cook over medium-high for about 5 minutes a side or until they are no longer pink in the center. I usually cut mine in half to make sure it's not pink in the middle. If they are taking longer than you expected to cook cover the pan with a lid and check back every minute or so.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is fantastic! It is well put together and offers an amazing things! Thanks for sharing! I am your new follower! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground