Turkey Chili Recipe

January 22, 2013

Many of you might know that this is my first winter in NYC. After growing up spending a majority of winters in Atlanta with a few in Ohio during college, I am NOT prepared for this. My weather app this morning told me it is a daunting 19 degrees outside. Nineteen . . . and I was complaining about 30 degrees just the other day. So in light of this bone chilling weather, I thought it was the perfect time to share this easy and quick turkey chili recipe I discovered the other week.


I have been continuing my New Years Resolution of cooking *more* (keyword) at home, and discovered this recipe when I was trying to use all of the turkey and kidney beans I had bought for burgers and salads. Ground turkey and kidney beans automatically made me think chili, so I picked up a few more ingredients and came up with this. It is surprising delicious and easy, so I had to share.

Servings: 2

Ingredients
.8 lbs ground turkey (half of a 1.3 lb pack)
1 can tomato soup with tomato chunks
1 cup kidney beans
1 cup black beans
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Pour a teaspoon of olive oil in a medium sized skillet and place over medium-high heat. Use a spatula to chop up the turkey. Add cumin and chili powder to the turkey. Continue to mix and chop turkey for about 5-7 minutes or until pink is no longer showing.

Heat tomato soup, kidney beans and black beans over medium heat in a sauce pan. Stir in tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper and heat for 10 mins (do not boil yet). Add cooked ground turkey to mixture and allow to boil. Once boiling, cover the saucepan and turn off the heat. Let stand.

Have any go-to recipes for cold weather?? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground