Decor-Eat Has Moved...to Atlanta!

April 08, 2014

A lot of big changes have been happening for me this past month. I quit my job, got a new job, moved out of my New York apartment and moved back to Atlanta! If you're new to Decor-Eat (welcome!), I got engaged in December to my boyfriend, who lives in Atlanta, that I had been long distance dating for nearly 2 years since I moved from Atlanta to New York. For anyone else out there doing long distance dating, visiting often is key. We were visiting every few weeks, which when we counted them up the other day came out to 26 flights in nearly 2 years! Eek. And as you can imagine the frequent traveling can be exhausting and expensive.  I had such a blast living in New York and will miss the city, culture, La Colombe coffee and more, but am really excited to get back to Atlanta with warm weather, laundry machines and dish washers! Oh the little things.

Now that I'm back in Atlanta, I am going to be settling in, which means finding a new place to live and doing some serious purging! I have accumulated way too much stuff over the last 5 years or so. Moving from college to Atlanta to New York and back, you'd think I'd have cleaned house every time I moved...wrong. Everything ended up going to my gracious parents' attic. I have a lot of great clothes I need to pass along to the next, so look out for an upcoming blog sale and check out my Poshmark.

Since I'm going to be moving into a new apartment soon, I will be sharing a lot more decor and DIY posts soon. First on my list are these pair of Chippendale chairs I scooped up around Thanksgiving time that need a redo.


When I posted these back in November, redoing the chairs to this orange and gray fabric was a fan favorite, and I love how they mix with an antique rug and wooden coffee table.

Cheers! 
{Swift Kick in the Tito @ Salt Yard}

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! Hopefully now you can try some of my desserts! Welcome back to A-town!

    PS - need a wedding cake ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground