Hump Day Home Makeover - DIY Rug

October 10, 2012

I've had quite a few friends reach out to me recently for rug advice, so I thought this would be a great topic for this week's hump day home makeover.

One of the things that I think makes buying a new rug so hard is the cost. If you're just looking for a cute rug to cover your apartment floor for a year or two it's hard to justify the $1,000+. So since I'm on a 'I could make that for less' kick, this week I wanted to share some awesome DIY rug projects from a few bloggers who have merged two of my current favorite trends in design - DIY for less and IKEA hacks! 

This Greek key rug is my favorite (and most likely my weekend project). I have been dying for a Greek key rug and much like Jen from Tatertots & Jello have only been able to find them out of my price range. Jen managed to pull off the rug below for only $80!!
DIY Greek Key Rug - Tatertots & Jello
This rug is from Design Sponge, and only cost $60!
DIY painted geometric rug - Design Sponge 
This rug was under $100.
project and photo credit - Mason Jar Champagne
This rug is probably my second favorite (but I'm sure that has something to do with the room's decorating!) 
DIY geometric rug - Pudel-Design 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground