New York Spots To Try

October 24, 2012

One of my favorite things about being in a city like New York are that there are so many restaurants to try. Surprisingly, it's actually pretty hard to find a great restaurant based just upon Yelp and OpenTable reviews, which is why I've been relying on friends suggestions...and why I'm sharing my favorites with you.

Upstate (EAST VILLAGE)- I lucked out and this restaurant is right down the street from my apartment making it one of my go-tos. I love their fresh oysters, happy hour deal (1/2 dozen oysters and a beer for $12 from 5-7), and the fact that their specials switch up since they order daily from the market.

source
My favorite from this visit were are of course the oysters, the 1/2 cheese and 1/2 meat plate, and the crab cake special. The special was TO DIE FOR. Which is huge for me to say, since I'm really not a crab cake fan.


Apotheke (Chinatown) - My very trendy friend (thanks Sarah) introduced me to this place in Chinatown. We went there first on a Wednesday during their Prohibition night complete with a password entry, jazz and classic drinks (highly recommend the Peg Flip).

source

This past weekend, we went and got the Deal Closer. It was delicious, light and fresh and so delicious that we drank ours too fast for me to get a picture, so here's one from the bar's Facebook page. (Yes, it was that good)

source
The Standard Grill (Meatpacking District)  - This last spot was a recommendation from a coworker.
source
My picks from this spot - are the oysters , the scallops and the lamb paired with the Melville Pinot Noir.


Would love to hear if you have any recommendations of New York places to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground