Breaking Bad Inspired Decor

February 24, 2014

source
So I've watched more episodes of Breaking Bad this weekend than I care to admit. When I first started watching it, after the first two episodes I decided that despite the show winning multiple awards, it wasn't for me. Flash forward a month to a snowy weekend, and I'm on season 4 and hooked. For those of you who are fans of the show, the title of the post is a bit of an oxymoron. Breaking Bad does not have style, but the show is set in one of my favorite parts of the country, New Mexico. The beautiful desert scenery is the real influence behind today's post inspiring a southwestern look and feel and houseplant.

Arid climate plants like cacti are the ideal houseplant for a first time plant owner. Their level of required maintenance is low. They are happy with just bright sunlight and water every other week. What I love about this type of plant besides the easy routine, is the variety of shapes and sizes they come in that makes them fun to mix and match for a display. You can pair different shapes and sizes together on a sunny window sill or use as a statement piece in your living room near a sunny window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground