recipe / mediterranean israeli couscous salad

March 06, 2013


Today's recipe is one I came up with this week thanks my new basil plant I picked up at Whole Foods that started off the theme for this week's grocery shopping trip. A plant for $1.99?? Sold. It might just be the cheapest thing in the store. 

One thing that I've realized from trying to cook at home more (New Year's Resolution...remember that?) is how important it is to have a plan when buying food at the store so you can make a lot of different recipes from the same ingredients.

This week's theme? Mediterranean flavors like feta, basil and olives.



As much as I have been loving the current trending winter ingredients like brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, and kale, these fresh ingredients get me excited for summer foods and salads. Plus, it's insanely easy and quick and great for leftovers! 


Ingredients
1/2 cup Israeli couscous dry
1/4 cup (about 6) kalamata pitted olives
2 tbsp feta cheese
1 small tomato
1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
5 basil leaves, chopped
1 tbsp Cindy's Kitchen rosemary & roasted garlic salad dressing

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time  - 15 minutes

Follow the instructions on the couscous box. While couscous is cooking, chop tomato, onion and basil. Add all ingredients to couscous and serve.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious, and luckily easy enough for me to cook! It is going in my list of recipes to try, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground