John Robshaw - Asian Influenced Textiles

September 24, 2012

The other week I checked out John Robshaw's trunk show at the Bloomingdales at 59th and Lex. His company offers a variety of bedding collections, pillows, clothing, table cloths, curtains and more. His textile designs are heavily influenced by his Asia travels, and are a great mix of color and pattern.

They are handmade by artisans in various workshops in India. I also love that John is a consultant for Aid for Artisans, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating economic opportunities for craftspeople in developing nations. Plus this makes me feel a lot better about some of his hefty prices.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Tula bedding

Pipal bedding
Afghan pillows

Bungalow pillows

Verdin pillows
Cliff Quilt

 This vintage throw is by far my favorite, but doesn't look like it's available online anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground