Weekend Wrap Up

August 07, 2012

This weekend CT came to visit, and we had a great time shopping and eating in the city. I am still in the process of decorating my room so we took a trip to IKEA on Saturday. It was a huge ordeal, but pretty cool to take a ferry to get there. While shopping in Soho, we found this shabby chic furniture store by Rachel Ashwell. The awesome silver baskets and tufted baby blue headboard pictures are from her shop. 

Most importantly is the picture at the bottom right - it's from CT and my new favorite spot - Upstate Craft Beer and Oyster Bar. We went their Saturday night after trying to get in Friday and ended up going back Sunday night. It was delicious! They also do a happy hour special from 5-7 where you get 1/2 a dozen oysters and a beer for $12. All of the their food is extremely fresh and they order daily from the market to make sure it stays that way. We ate a lot of east coast oysters and tried about four different beers (even though I am a huge wineo). I'd highly recommend the Sly Fox Royal Weisse Ale, Hell of High Watermelon Wheat (goes great with Oysters), Brooklyn Sorachi Ace, and the Peak Organic Nut Brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground