Suzanis

November 08, 2012

As a result of my current Bohemian Chic obsession, I stumbled upon Justina Blakeney's blog, and it is fantastic!! She blogged about her trip to Istanbul last year, and her pictures from the Grand Bazaar are colorful and inspiring. 


photo credit - Justina Blakeney
In her posts she talks about "catching Suzani fever," in Istanbul, and I completely agree. I'm hooked. I love the bright colors, intricate details and geometric shapes of these vintage textiles and need one for my room.

photo credit - Justina Blakeney
photo credit - Justina Blakeney
So far my favorite Suzanis are the ones that mix navy and pink/coral. Here are a few I've found that I love.


source

source

As you can imagine finding handmade, vintage textiles that really look authentic are hard to find. From what I've seen, it looks like ebay is actually a better place than etsy (surprised? me too). The Loaded Trunk also has one that I really like (check out that pop of color), and I found a store in Charleston with one that I like as well.
source
source
Yes, I was only able to find two for sale right now that are the right size and color for my bed, which further supports my dream job. There is obviously a need for unique, worldly textiles for those of us in the states, and I am more to get out there and travel to get them for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment. I love hearing from readers!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground